Joint Transport Commissioner &Secretary STA, Govt. of Kerala.
As a the Joint Commissioner of The Motor Vehicles Department, Govt. of Kerala, I have contributed high-level decisions in support of Departments strategic planning, mission, visions, and goals. During my career as various positions in different offices across the state for modernizing and introducing state-of-the-Art Modern Technology for road safety, driving licence system and Enforcement of motor vehicles department. Maintained and introduced healthy work culture among the staff of the Department though various training programmes and introduced various awareness projects, thus motivating the staff of the departments. As a responsible officer maintained healthy relations with higher officials and subordinates.
Successful in controlling the high rate of road accidents, and effective and stringent measures were taken in enforce the MV act and rules. Built a corporate image for the department through awareness programme among the public.
• First Engineering Graduate in The Kerala State Motor Vehicles Department
• First Rank in PSC Examination
Good service entry during the year 1997 in recognition for the meritorious work
• Spearheaded to introduce Vahan and Sarathy throughout the state to make the department to national standard.
• Launched Rent a cab system in the state
• Implemented uniform colour code for the stage carriages in the state
• Conceived idea for GPS system for vehicles and implemented in the country for the first time
• Lead the role in the introduction of SAFE Kerala project in the state.
• Headship in the introduction of online public utility services viz temporary registration and tax there by reducing the foot fall
• Controlled the enforcement operations like “operation night riders”, “operation against Pondicherry vehicles”, etc
• Took effective management in the implementation of new offices
• Taken initiative for the project in the renovation and modernization of existing offices to high-tech offices
• Upgrading and introduction of enforcement infrastructure by adding interceptor vehicles with state of art technologies in the fleet
• Headed in introducing the automated vehicle and driving testing canters at
10 places in the state.
• Captaincy in the introduction of 240 radar cameras in various places across the state.
• Initiated the idea of “Third Eye” there by participating publics in the
• Established the Bus operators society at Kozhikode there by sharing the revenue and leads to reducing the competition among the service and there by accidents. The idea is now going to implementing in Cochin metro.
• lead a special role for preparing training policy and conducted training to employees for capacity enhancement.
Skill upgradation Programmes Attended
• Vehicular pollution conducted by Indian institute of petroleum, Dehradun
• Road safety management conducted by Engineering staff college of India, Hyderabad
• Technical aspects of Central motor vehicle rules conducted by CIRT, Pune.
• Urban transportation reforms for clean and liveable cities conducted by center for science and environment, New Delhi.
• Worked abroad as Assistant service manager in MACK heavy equipment division, UAE (A U. S. based company)