Woman dies after wine drinking bet
Posted on: 21 Jul 2012
Beijing: A Chinese woman died of ethanol poisoning after she drank a full bottle of strong rice wine following a 100 yuan ($15) bet with her colleagues, a media report said Thursday.
The drinking bet took place at a real estate company in Foshan in south China's Guangdong province, the China Daily reported.
The deceased, A. Yun, finished an entire bottle of the liquor, and was found dead on an office desk a short while later.
A court ruled that the five colleagues who made her drink as well as their employer should pay 120,000 yuan ($18,900) in compensation to the woman's family. But the family wants a much higher compensation.